Instructions for the SAE Australia Circulation Staff
How do I use the Digby app?
What is the workflow for managing the Click and Collect book circulation?
The SAE Library Australia includes a small collection of physical items located in the Click & Collect Collection.
The circulation (locating items, lending, returning & shelving) is managed by the mobile app Digby.
Digby's systems requirements:
Operating Systems/Versions Android 8.1 or greater
- iOS 13 or greater
- iPadOS 13 or greater
- Android Phones (must support Android 8.1 and a minimum 1280 x 720 resolution camera)
- Android Tablets (must support Android 8.1 and a minimum 1280 x 720 resolution camera)
- To login, Android devices must have Chrome set as the default browser, and should be running the latest version of Chrome.
- Apple iPhone 6s or greater
- Apple iPod Touch 7th generation or greater
- Apple iPad
- iPad 5th generation or greater
- iPad mini 4 or greater
- iPad Air 2 or greater
- iPad Pro
The Circulation Workflow using the mobile app Digby:
1. Sign in to Digby and choose your location.
2. Click "Manage Pull List". The list contains the items students and staff requested via the Library Catalogue. This step is to be completed each day.
2/ If no holds were placed, the message "Your list is empty" will appear.
If a book has been requested, the book title, author, Dewey number and its barcode will appear. (Please note: The arrow symbol()next to the listed item shows the item can be forwarded to another pickup location, this function is currently not operational).
3. Find the requested item on the shelf.
4. Scan or type the item's barcode into the Manage Pull List window. The item scanned into Digby is marked as pulled in the system, and a notice about the item being ready for pickup is sent to student/staff email.
5. Place the requested item on the Hold shelf and keep it there until it is collected by a patron or for 3 business days.
6. Lend the item to a patron using "Check Out Items" button, scanning the patron's and the item's barcodes. Patrons need to show their confirmation email when collecting their item.
7. Return the item using "Check In Items" button, scanning the item's barcode.
8. Reshelf the item.
For more information on how to use Digby, check out the Digby App FAQs.
For help with managing the circulation or for help with Digby, email firstname.lastname@example.org