What does Compensation mean?
In certain circumstances, where a student fails a summative assignment/component with a grade of 17 or 18 (after retakes and resubmission opportunities) they may be eligible to have that component compensated to pass the module overall.
Grades of 19 or 20 cannot be compensated.
In such circumstances, your overall module grade will be calculated and the suffix '-C' applied. E.g. Module grade: 8-C
In order to be eligible for a Compensated Module Grade, the following criteria must be met:
- The failed Assignment/Component in question must be no more than 30% of the overall module weight; (See your Assignment Guidelines for details)
- You must pass all other components for the module in question;
- You must not have already received a compensated module grade within either:
- A Level 4 module: 4100, 4200, 4300, 4400
- Or a Level 5 or 6 module: 5100, 5200, 5300, 5400, 6200
NOTE: Modules at 6100 and 6300 and their respective components are ineligible for compensation of any kind.